- (New) Sort/Filter by Expiry date
- Improved workflow when creating new objects
- Bug Fixes
- Quality of Life improvements
(New) Sort/Filter by Expiry date
Users have requested for the ability to easily filter out which keys are expiring, have expired etc… In this release, we address this issue by adding improvements when viewing security objects’ expiry details,
A new expiry date column has been added to the security objects table
Clicking on the column header allows the user to sort the security objects via Expiry date
3. The search field above the table allows the user to search for a specific range of Expiry dates to be displayed. Users can also select from the default options to display security object that expires within:
- Last 24 hours
- Last 7 days
- Last 15 days
- Next 24 hours
- Next 7 days
- Next 15 days
Improved workflow when creating new objects
We have made improvements to the workflow when creating new objects within a group. Objects include:
- Security Objects
Previously, in order to add a new object, the user would have to:
- Go to the object page (Apps, Security Objects, Users, Plugins)
- Create the new object.
- And then, assign it to a group.
Now, user can create objects from the group page. From the group page, select the Info tab. The following screen will be displayed.
Clicking on any of the Add New Object buttons will bring you to the create object page, the object created will automatically be assigned to the currently selected group.
- This applies only to Apps and Plugins. When creating a new App or Plugin, the name will be validated to ensure that there are no duplicates within the currently selected group.
- Validation will occur immediately when group is selected.
- When group is pre-selected, validation will occur when name is input.
Previously, the name validation would only occur when the Next/Create/Save button is clicked.
When creating new security objects, Export permission will be turned off by default. This is because creating an exportable security object is a potentially unsafe practice.
For CERTIFICATE Security Objects, the PKCS11 attributes will now display the correct class of CERTIFICATE instead of SECRET_KEY. To view PKCS11 attributes, first, go to the Security Objects page, select the Security Object to view, click on the Attributes tab, and then, click on the PKCS #11 Attributes section to display those details.
Quality of Life improvements
Internal (generated) and external (imported) security objects will have more obviously visible indications to differentiate them. The type column will show whether the security object is imported or generated.
For a new user of SmartKey, the left menu will be expanded by default when they first log into the SmartKey website. With an expanded left menu, the new user can then learn the purpose of each icon and the functionality they represent. (Note: the system will assume the user is new if there are no objects created in any category. If any Groups, Apps, Users, Plugins have been created, the system will no longer display the left menu in expanded mode.)